Thursday, March 27, 2014

Summer Makeup Bag Essentials

OMG it's already spring and before you know it summer will be here!! It's getting warmer so that means you need to switch out your creams and thick make up for something a bit lighter. Here are some of my favorite daily summer make up essentials.

Daily Moisturizer:
It's always best to moisturize your face just don't over due it. Stick with a light daily moisturizer with some SPF and you should be fine! I suggest Laura Mercier Oil-free Day Lotion $98  or for a cheaper alternative CeraVe Am Facial Moisturizer $14. If you have very oily skin then I suggest you don't wear lotion and foundation just use a oil absorbent primer.

Foundation:
Personally I usually don't even wear foundation during the summer because I usually just sweat it off by midday. If you don't wear foundation I would just swipe a little bronzer and conceal any blemishes. If you are going to wear foundation then I suggest a light bb cream, mineral powder or tinted moisturizer. Make sure your foundation has some SPF for extra protection. I suggest Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer $43 for a light tinted moisturizer. Clinique BB Cream $37s is a great bb cream for the summer I love it! For a natural light complexion I suggest Aveda Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisturizer $28.

Concealer:
Again stick to the lighter formula and don't apply as much. Concealer is definitely a must have in the beauty bag because it is quick and easy. Sometimes when I'm running late or lazy I just dab a bit of conceal on blemishes and around the eyes and add a swipe of bronzer and then I'm out the door. I use Smash Box High Definition Concealer $22.

Mascara:
stick to a light formula preferable waterproof. In my personal opinion I like to have a really good water proof mascara for when I swim or go to the beach and I keep a mascara that is waterproof just enough to not run from sweat. I use Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition $27 and during the summer I get the brown shade to make my lashes look more natural.

Bronzer/Illuminator
This is basically your preference I usually like to use an illuminator instead of a bronzer to get a dewy glow look. I would stick to the light and translucent formulas. I would use the Tom Ford Skin Illuminator $65 or for a cheaper dupe buy the Benefit High Beam Complexion Enhancer $26. For a bronzer I would buy a Nars or Mac pigment bronzer.

Lip Products
For summer I also like to wear the light pink and pink toned nude colors. They make your tan pop and add to a dewy look. Some of my favorites are Benefit Lollitint Lip and Cheek Tint $30, NYX Matte Lipstick in Pale Pink $6 and Sara Happ The Lip Slip $24.

Eye Shadows
This is really a personal preference but during the summer shimmery pale colors are usually very trendy.

Hope you liked this post!! comment below what your favorite summer makeup product is!!
XOXO'



2 comments:

  1. I loved your post, I am going to be looking for the Laura Mercier moisture the next time I am in Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and I am always looking for new things you all post. I have found some really useful tips and new things to try.

    ReplyDelete